PATIENT – DOCTOR RELATIONSHIP
The health and wellness of our patients is of utmost importance to our office. Our goal is to provide the best care possible to our patients. We can meet this goal if I, your doctor, and you, the patient and/or parent of my patient, work together. This partnership is called a Patient Centered Medical home.
- Ask questions, share your feelings and be part of your care
- Be honest about your history, symptoms, and other health information
- Tell your doctor about any changes in your health and wellbeing
- Take all of your medicine and follow your doctor’s advice
- Make healthy decisions about your daily habits and lifestyle
- Prepare for and keep scheduled visits or reschedule visits in advance when possible
- Call your doctor first with all problems, unless it is a medical emergency
- End every visit with a clear understanding of your doctor’s expectations, treatment goals, and future plans
- Explain diseases, treatments, and results in an easy-to-understand way
- Listen to my patients’ feelings and questions to help them make decisions about their care
- Keep treatments, discussions and records private
- Provide 24 hour access to medical care and same day appointments, whenever possible
- Provide instructions on how to meet your health care needs when the office is not open
- To care for you to the best of my abilities based on my understanding of current medical methods available
- Give my patients clear directions about medicines and other treatments
- Send my patients to trusted experts, if needed
- Provide community referrals, if needed.
- End every visit with clear instructions about expectations, treatment goals, and future plans
- As your provider, we will share your information as appropriate, with other providers who may care for you. Information may be shared electronically or as written medical information.